More often than not people feel like their Social Media efforts are getting them nowhere. This is extremely common especially for the smaller, lesser known businesses, products and brands. When things don’t go the way we planned we immediately think that Social Media itself is to blame and that it really will never work for what your goals are.
This is in fact incorrect and here are 10 reasons why things may not be working in your favor Online.
1. Your goals are unrealistic
3. You follow everyone
4. You dedicate all of your personal accounts to advertising
5. Your strategy is to “wing it”
6. You’re too afraid to be different
7. The message is never different
8. You choose automation over real time engagement
9. You wait
10. You gauge your success by how many followers you have and what your Klout score might be
11. You gave up to soon
When all else fails try consulting a Social Media Strategist to assist in figuring out why things aren’t working and help creatively come up with new campaign; try keeping track of your Social Analytics as well as this will show you what creates the engagement and what is being ignored.