“If you choose to outsource your Social Media do your research, ask questions and think before you react.”
Social Media isn’t for everyone.
You might find that you just can’t focus on Twittering, Facebook posts, keeping up with LinkedIn and adding content daily when you are trying to focus on your business.
You might decide to scope out someone that is knowledgeable within the world of Social Media and trust me they appear to be EVERYWHERE.
“Do your research before you hire anyone”
- Google search them.
- Check out their Social Media platforms.
- Are they passionate on their own sites?
- Do they interact?
- Have they updated recently?
Why do you want to do this?
Because chances are that this is their style.
- Do you want to have a Social Media presence like theirs?
- Do you like what you see?
- Can you even find them if you search their name?
These may not seem too serious, but they really are.
- What have you done?
- Who have you worked with?
- How did you get started in Social Media?
- Do you have references or testimonials?
- What platforms do you suggest?
- What can I expect?
Also if there is no talk about keeping your brand in the “NOW” by strategizing and adapting to new and promising sites early on, chances are you are going to be hiring an accounts manager that will only update what you currently have and that is not what you want if you are looking to make a splash in the pool of Social Media.
“Think before you react.”
Think about what you see and hear.
Let it sink in.
If you knew about Social Media you wouldn’t be looking for someone to get you going with it, right?
I firmly believe that for every 10 people claiming to be “experts” in the Social Media world there truly are only 2 people that really know what they are doing and truly care about their clients and their own brand.
Follow me on Twitter: @_KimRandall
Let’s Connect on Facebook