There are so many blog posts that talk about reasons why people wont follow or why they’ll unfollow an account on Twitter. These posts are very insightful, however simply show and point out the negatives of Twitter. I am personally guilty of focusing strictly on the negative rather than the positive which is why I want to share with you these tips/ reasons why people will follow you and your brand on Twitter.
- You’re not just pushing content, you’re taking the time to actually engage in conversation with those you follow as well as responding back to those that interact with your Tweets.
- You’re providing content specific to what you’re passionate about.
- You’re not just complaining about things on Twitter all day. You’re positive and encouraging to others.
- You allow your personality to be seen through your Tweets.
- You provide even just a glimpse into your personal life whether it’s through an image, video or just in text – we like to know that there is a real person behind the Tweets 🙂
- You retweet others because you truly enjoyed the content they shared.
- You are actively engaging with new accounts as well as ones you regularly engage with.