Earlier this week I blogged about the importance of having a Pinterest account both for personal and business use. It’s easy enough to simply sign up and pin a few things here and there, but there are a few tips and tricks that will definitely set you apart from everyone else.
- Don’t just pin your own content, re-pin others
- Have several boards and pin often to them
- Categorize your boards – do you have a board dedicated to clothing you like? Make sure you add it to the fashion category
- Connect with friends already using
- You have invites to give out, ask people if anyone needs any as this is a great way to build your following
- Use the browser “pin” button
- When pinning your blog posts make sure you use an eye catching image.
- Make sure you pin directly from your website or blog as it will automatically link back to your site
- Are you pinning something that you’re selling. Adding the price in the description will add a price tag to the pin letting people know that they can purchase it
- Use the blog/ website “pin” button on your own website
- Seek out lists on websites of great pinners to follow (http://www.pinnerstofollow.com/)
- Connect your Pinterest account to and and occasionally post also to one or both sites
- Promote your Pinterest account through Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Facebook and any other platform that you have
- Use the Pinterest email signature attachment from Wisestamp
- Use the official Pinterest app on your Iphone (Android has an unofficial app)
What tips do you have?