Whether it’s lack of money in the marketing budget or lack of patience to see success, too many businesses give up on their Social Media campaigns without giving them not only time, but the creativity deserved to watch them flourish. Do you know any companies like this? Is your company one of them?
I can honestly say that I’ve had a few clients that have paused or shut down their campaigns because they just didn’t understand what was going on. They didn’t understand that by monitoring the Internet we were able to see who was talking positively or negatively about the brand. They also didn’t understand the effects of shutting down or pausing campaigns.
What Could Happen When You Pause Your Campaigns
- Connections that you’ve engaged with for months will eventually stop mentioning your brand if you’re not responding back.
- Depending on how long you paused your campaigns could depend on how long it will take to get them back to where they were when the campaigns were paused.
- Your brand that used to be ahead of the curve Online with Social Media quickly becomes the follower instead of the leader.
- People unfollow accounts on Twitter that are not active. There are apps for that and people use them.
- You’re completely lost when you decide to start your campaigns again.
What Could Happen When You End Your Campaigns
- Ending your campaigns means you are no longer monitoring your brand and protecting it on the Social Web. This means when people are talking about your brand, you’re no longer listening which means you’re no longer responding.
- Your brand quickly stops being seen as a leader on the Social Web making it easy for your competitors to slide in and scoop up any connections that looked to you for guidance.
- The number of unique eyeballs coming back to your website quickly begin to decrease.
- If people can’t find you Online, they may not find you Offline.
- In a year or so you’ll decide to try it again, and by then everyone your brand used to engage with has probably moved on…. Time to rebuild.
It wouldn’t be the end of the world if you quit or paused your Social Media campaigns, but it would make marketing your brand a lot more difficult. Social Media is fun, social and most of all… always moving and always changing. If you think you need to give up, maybe you just need a new strategy?!
Consult with a Social Media Strategist or Social Media company. Maybe money isn’t the issue, maybe it’s time… Time you don’t have to put into running a campaign. Either way, before you quit, shake things up… Step outside your marketing comfort zone, be unique and engaging!