1.allows us to stay in touch with friends and family whether we are in the same room or in a different country.
Twitter has allowed me to connect with friends from both High School and Junior High. It’s a great place to see what your family is up to.
Many people are so afraid that they don’t have time to Tweet, in fact I once knew someone that would take 30 minutes to decide what he wanted to Tweet and that was his Tweet of the day. Tweets are meant to be short in sweet so give it a try!
3. Twitter is a place where we, the consumers, choose what advertisements if any we wish to see.
These days we have DVR’s, TIVO’s and are very quick to fast forward through those commercials (unless it’s Super Bowl Sunday). Brands need to get creative and give us a reason to want to connect.
4. Twitter is a great place to make new connections and friends.
I have said this many times before and it is 100% true…. With the exception of my family, all of the connections I have made (friends, biz partners and acquaintances) in the State of Florida would not have been possible without some form of Social Media and about 90% of that is Twitter. Some of my dearest friendships have been made possible by Twitter!
5. Twitter gives us the platform to voice our opinions whether it be about a sports game where a certain someone messes up our National Anthem or about a company, brand, friend or loved one.
We all witnessed it on Super Bowl Sunday and Twitter exploded just in case anyone else did every time there was a bad call, a missed lyric, horrible sound techs and especially when the Packers won the game. We were able to tell it how we thought it was. I was unimpressed with the Halftime show and all of my followers certainly knew it.
6. Twitter allows us the choice to be completely anonymous should you choose to do so (unlike)
If you don’t want people to know who you are then don’t add your real world information, however if you are a business owner or an actual business I would totally have to disagree.
7. Twitter makes it easy for companies to really see what their customers and clients think of them and their products.
Track your company via Twitter and you can get real time, up to the second information about how your customers feel. This is awesome because you can also act on these Tweets whether positive or negative in real time.
8. Twitter offers small businesses the tools to be creative enough to surpass even the large brands.
Twitter (with the exception of the promoted hash tags and crap – yes crap!) allows for everyone to start out evenly. It all depends on your creativity as to how you will do with your Twitter campaign. The more creative = the more successful which means that you should really consider adding Twitter to your Social Media Strategy if you haven’t already!
What are some reasons that you love Twitter?