You have tried it, you tried to love it… OK maybe not love it, but you did try to at least tolerate it. One problem, you just couldn’t. You just couldn’t fall “in like” with the site. Actually, no….. You hate it and you don’t just hate it, you despise it. You don’t understand what the big deal is with hearing that someone just finished their Grande Carmel Macchiato from Starbucks or that someone’s kids just tracked mud through the house leaving muddy footprints on their white carpet. Why would someone want to share that information, right? I mean this has to be what you are thinking. Right?
What are some other reasons you hate?
- You signed up and Tweet your links, but no one interacts with you.
- You signed up because everyone told you that you needed a Twitter and now you don’t remember your login information.
- You thought that Twitter was going to be a cure all and would bring you tons of business.
- You think that Tweeting takes too much time.
- You are afraid of people finding out your real world information.
- You don’t understand how to actually connect with people on Twitter.
- You aren’t getting as many followers as Chris Brogan and that makes you mad.
- You just don’t care what anyone is doing.
- You don’t understand why anyone would care what you are doing.
Are any of these reasons yours? I figured as much….
Let me tell you what I think of each and every one of these excuses.
- No one will interact with only links. You need to be SOCIAL!
- If you forgot your login information, easily retrieve it from the lost password selection.
- In order to generate business through Social Media you need to be consistent and patient!
- Tweeting takes 10-20 second per Tweet. Do you have about 5 minutes a day to spare?
- People will find more information about you through Peoplefinder.com than on Twitter. #JustSayin
- If you don’t know how to use and interact with users on Twitter, Tweet it. We were all new once and we will help you.
- Chris Brogan as well as well known Twitterers have spent a lot of time building their brand. They put in the hours and work to achieve the following they have today. You need to work at it.
- If you don’t care what other people are doing then no one is going to care what you are doing, Show some interest!
- We do care what you are doing (as long as it’s legal) so go on… share!
I hope that some of you that have quit or are considering quitting have found an answer to your reason or reasons why.
What are some reasons that you don’t like Twitter?