Solvent Studios is a St. Pete based startup building games and social gaming applications for developers and gamers. Amoeba is the first game of three already in progress for this year, and expect to release our public Beta in the next couple of weeks.
Please consider donating. Every dollar helps!
Per their Kickstarter page:
So here’s the thing. We are all going to school, and we have part-time jobs, too. With your donations, we’ll be able to finish the project faster, get paid a little bit (right now we are all working on this project for free), and maybe sleep an extra hour or two each night. Ok, so we probably won’t sleep an extra hour. We’ll be able to get in an extra hour or two of game time (i.e., research) because we won’t be slaving at a really meaningless part time job!
What your contributions are spent on:
- Software licensing - we’re building our games on the Unity 3D Pro game engine, with Unity Team server. The licenses cost around 2k per seat, plus plugins. We also use a stack of other design tools that all come with their own price tag.
- Upgraded server - we need a full dedicated server to host our Team Server software, and to host browser based versions of our games. It will run about $2500 a year.
- Additional hardware - One of our goals is to make our games work across every platform, and we need test devices to make that work (like iPhones and iPads, for instance).
- Promotional swag such as our Kickstarter rewards
- Anything over our goal buys us groceries and Red Bull.
We appreciate all the initial support, and we’re excited about the future!
Read more and help fund this amazing project on Kickstarter.
Do you have a Kickstarter project you’d like to promote? Shoot us an email at email@example.com