We were all n00bs at one time on. Wouldn’t it have been nice to have had some tips back in the day for those of us that are PRE-Ashton and Oprah?
Well Twitter n00bs of today, you are in luck. I am going to give you a simple Twitter lingo guide that should help you out and get you started with your Twitter account.
First of all, Twitter is a Microblogging Social Platform that allows its users to follow and connect with people from all over the globe with 140 character “Tweets” or posts. Twitter is a great tool for real time news and updates. It’s a great source for constantly connecting and reaching out to new people.
- An at reply or an @reply is a simple way of connecting with a specific person through Twitter. By placing the @ sign then their Twitter name (no spaces) your Tweet or response will appear in their Mentions.
- A Retweet or RT is simply the art of sharing someone’s Tweet with all of your followers. A RT would look something like this: “RT @TwitterN00b Check out these helpful Twitter tips http://blahblahblah.blah”
- Direct Message or a DM is a private message (140 charaters) between you and another Tweeter.
- A Hashtag or a # is the pound sign (#) with a keyword or key phrase placed directly after it. Example: #TwitterTips #Twitter #n00b Hashtags allow people to follow the specific keyword or key phrase easily. This is really good for Online Twitter discussions or Offline events.
- Followers: These are individuals and accounts that are choosing to receive your updates in their timelines. You do not receive their Tweets in your time line unless you choose to follow them.
- Lists: Twitter lists are user generated lists placing people into categories mainly based on where they live, what they do and what their interests are.
- Trending Topics: These are popular topics being discussed in real time on Twitter at that moment.
- Who To Follow: This is Twitter’s suggestion on who you would be compatible following mostly based on who you currently follow.
- Twitter Handle: That is your Twitter name (Mine is _KimRandall #JustSayin hehe)
There is so much more to Twitter, but I hope that these tips will help you get the most out of your Twitter experience!
Connect With Me!