, Pinterest, Pinterest….
If you use the Internet for anything social or news related you’ve probably heard of this semi-new Social Media site.
Not another Social Media site!!!
Before you get all huffy-puffy about signing up for a new site I want to give you some reasons why you should NOT write off Pinterest and why you might want to make it a large part of your current and upcoming campaigns.
The non-techies are hooked!
My friends that useonce or twice a week are a bunch of pinning fools. The ability to share recipe ideas, crafts, DIY tips, fashion plus so much more appeals to a vast majority of today’s Internet population.
So who uses Pinterest?
- Mommy bloggers
- Moms that aren’t bloggers
- Small business owners
- 9-5 employees looking for inspiration
- Baby Boomers
- YOUR COMPETITION
For businesses like my own, KiMedia Strategies, this provides me with a platform where I may be able to get in front of people that do not understand nor wish to manage their own business Social Media.
The site is so simple
There’s no long profile to fill out, no hidden links for privacy, and no place to feel completely clueless about the site.
- You sign up by connecting to either Facebook or
* (I use Facebook for personal and Twitter for the business profiles I manage)
- You finish your signup by choosing a password, adding your email and the custom URL you wish to have
- Add the Pinterest tool to your browser to easily pin from other websites
- Choose a few topics of interest
- Follow some Pinners
- Customize your boards
- Start pinning your own stuff and repin other pins
Your business could shine
Use Pinterest for your business by adding a more visual aspect to your Online campaign.
Some board ideas that work for any business:
- Your Business Name as a board
- A board to pin blog posts (make sure you add a good image to the post)
- If you’re a restaurant have a “food” board that isn’t your creations, but pins of others. If you’re a web designer have a fonts board and so on…
- Have a client or customer board where you showcase them
Sharing is all the site is about
Share, share, share
That’s what the site is about
The traffic back to your website could be HUGE!
These screen shots are from roughly 15 minutes after pinning a blog post titled “What is a”. One is from my web analytics and the other is an email from Pinterest of account activity.